Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stop searching for your Word documents...

Do you sometimes work on several documents? I do... and I can tell you that it can be quite frustrating when I have to access them from different folders. Trust me, it is very easy to get lost…until I found the Work menu! Now I can readily access my documents in click of a button. It keeps a list of Word documents just like the ‘Favourites’ menu.

Here’s how you do it:
  1. Open a Word document. On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the Commands tab.
  2. In the Categories box, click Built-in Menus. In the Commands box, click Work and drag it to the menu bar. The Work menu gets added to the menu bar.

  3. You can now add any open Word document to the Work menu list.

Here’s more about your Work menu:

  • To add your current document to the Work menu, click on the menu and click Add to Work Menu.
  • To open a document, click on the Work menu and click the document you want to open.

To remove a document from the Work menu:
Press CTRL+ALT+ (dash key). Your cursor will change to a large, bold underscore. On the Work menu, click the document you want to remove.

No more fretting over where I last saved a document…it’s just a click away. The Work menu has become my ‘favourite’! It sure will become yours...

No comments: